- Board of Directors
- Clinical Philosophy
- Mission and Vision Statements (Draft)
- Board Meetings and Minutes
The Reuben Engagement Center will provide shelter, medical detox, case management, mental health evaluations and housing referrals to chronically homeless, substance-addicted, mentally ill individuals. The engagement center provides a safe place for homeless individuals who are experiencing drug or alcohol intoxication to be diverted from jail or an emergency room and who are unable to gain access to emergency shelter options due to active substance abuse.
The center will provide a safe place for medical detoxification to occur and an opportunity to engage in community resources and services aimed at recovery and permanent housing. Some medical procedures will be performed onsite to assist the individual in working through their immediate needs outside of the hospital setting.
Individuals that are homeless and intoxicated will be provided a safe environment during their period of intoxication, have the opportunity for engagement with and connection to services, and be offered a place to begin detoxification. The Engagement Center will work closely to enhance successful transition to permanent supportive housing and placement into treatment and long-term rehabilitation when individuals are ready for this step.
The Engagement Center will serve several purposes including:
- Reduction of unnecessary and costly hospitalizations and incarcerations;
- Provision of shelter for those individuals who are homeless, intoxicated and on the streets;
- Engagement in treatment and other support services; and,
- Linking those who are experiencing chronic homelessness to permanent supportive housing and other housing options.